注目の投稿

Gratitude and Favorite Quotes

I respect and thank great stoics for they taught me how to overcome obstacles and no matter the life's situation is, and human can CHOO...

2019年8月1日木曜日

Illusion

To live according to Nature

We have to distinguish what the reality is and what the illusion is, and use desire and aversion properly.

For instance, in seduction, I can do everything that I can for my lover, but if she loves or not is not in my own action. She decides it. She can love others. It is foolish to complain about that.

It is natural to feel the love toward opposite sex, but it is not natural to obsessed about it. She can leave me anytime she wants to. Remember nothing in life is not my own, including my body, my reputation, my ability, my ego.

As Epictetus put it

Never say of anything, "I have lost it"; but, "I have returned it."  Is your child dead? It is returned. Is your wife dead? She is returned. Is your estate taken away? Well, and is not that likewise returned? "But he who took it away is a bad man." What difference is it to you who the fiver assigns to take it back? While he gives it to you to possess, take care of it; but don't view it as your own, just as travelers view a hotel.



The pursuit of fame and reputation might be only illusion. Why might it be illusion? because I do not know about it because I have never achieved great fame and reputation.

I think these illusions come from emotion. From the ancient past, those who have power and money and those things are considered powerful. It is deeply looted in our actions. It is normal to pursue things lead by emotions. However, emotion is only emotion. It will change. Feeling of power can soon be feeling of disappointment. Feeling of love can be betrayed by my lover. We would like to belong to the group. These failings are inevitable. Living life lead by emotion is like riding a roller coaster.

I think most of people in the world are living in this way.

I am not judging emotion is good or bad. It is usual. It is our human nature.

I still have reasons. I can decide what is good or bad by myself. I can see the reality. I have reasons to analyze my emotion, and choose to do and act according to the reality and what is GOOD even though I do not feel like to do it. It is true courage.




0 件のコメント:

コメントを投稿