注目の投稿

Gratitude and Favorite Quotes

I respect and thank great stoics for they taught me how to overcome obstacles and no matter the life's situation is, and human can CHOO...

2019年8月26日月曜日

2018/08/25 Daily Journal

What I did 
Yesterday, I was not on schedule because I had a skin problem on hands. My hands were so itchy that I did not feel like doing something which is not good I think. 

As Nietzsche wrote
"Trust your feelings! But feelings are not final or original." Behind the feeling, there stand judgement and evaluations which we inherit in the form of inclinations, aversions. The inspiration born of feeling is a born child of judgement and often false judgement and in any event not child of your own.  Too trust one's feeling means to give more obedience to one's grandfather and grandmother and their grand parents than to the gods which are in us. Our reason and our experience."

We feel emotions everyday. Feeling is not good or bad. However, sometimes the feelings we feel are irrational. The mind tends to exaggerate the problem, it causes suffering. Instead of being slaves to emotion, we can see what is the reality and we should trust our reasons and strategy over emotions. Emotion is a signal. Fear or nervousness is to be careful, focused and think about the problem more. Feeling of comfort is telling you that it is safe now. Emotion is just telling you. Human beings can make actions based on strategies or what is right even when they do not feel like doing it. 

I think it makes human more human.

Anyway, I did not do much yesterday.
I was doing what I wanted which was to watch interviews of Robert Greene on YouTube. I think I have to take notes on what he is saying in each interview and make his idea my own and what I learned so that I do not watch them just for entertainment, but get something from him.

After that, I work part-time at MacDonald as usual, and went bed.

Story-How to overcome envy
We are human beings. We feel envy. We feel envy especially, someone who has something that we really want or cherish. Ones who have something we crave.
It is inevitable. Chimps feel that. I think the tendency is exaggerate in a group situation. I do not feel very strong envy on those who see online seeing someone. I feel some envy through. Envy seems to be very serious problems for humanity for a long time. How to deal with that. 

Admit that. Each of us is different, and there will be someone who is better all around the world. Try learning from them, and steal their good point. Make it a game. How can I be like him/her? There is always something that I can learn from others. Take it a chance to make myself better.

Also, do not compare to others. 
Emerson put it in Self-reliance

"Envy is ignorance, and imitation is suicide."

Each of us is unique. We have our own unique gift. Appreciate that. Try to flourish  each of us full potential yet I can learn a lot from others.

Emerson also put 

"In every walk of life, every man I meet is superior in some way.
 in that I learn of him"

I do not think I did right thing yesterday. I should have learned from him.
He is witty and good toward women, which is something I luck. It is actually a  good chance to meet with him and learn from him. I am fucking lucky.
Do not fight the last war.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Cost
Waffle cone at MacDonald-120 yen







  

0 件のコメント:

コメントを投稿