注目の投稿

Gratitude and Favorite Quotes

I respect and thank great stoics for they taught me how to overcome obstacles and no matter the life's situation is, and human can CHOO...

2019年3月17日日曜日

Be a Philosopher

I am really being into ancient philosophy like Aristotle, Stoicism, and so on. These people are those who seeks one of the most important questions like what is happiness? or how human beings should live on the earth, and thousands of other subjects because these are things that matter the most I think. I think No one wants to be miserable, useless. We just want to be happy, and have a good life.

Then, what is good and happy life? These are questions ancient philosophers sought with REASON.

Aristotle thinks that one of the unique feature human beings have is power of reason, and good life for human beings is life aligned with reasons, rational living.

This idea convinces me, and I think I would like to live life rationally.

I would like to write about other human's feature in another article.

I read a lot of books to improve my life, but as I bump into Aristotle's idea. I started to question myself. Am I really rational?  Do I use my power of reasons or just blindly consume and believe in ideas from books because these books are popular or they are written by famous?

What I was doing was to read books related to what is lacking in my life to improve myself and act up on the ideas of books to change the situation. The important part is missing, I did not use my power to REASON so much. I did not think about books' idea critically, and divide what to use and what not to believe. I think the process is really important because it helps me to practice my reasons.

I realized that I need to learn how to be a philosopher and use my power of reasons.

For example, when I study Enchiridion by Epictetus, I SHOULD NOT BLANDLY believe what he is saying but I have to think critically how he reached the conclusion.  I have to decide myself how to apply these ideas into my life.

I learned by learning these philosophy that ancient philosophy, and being a philosopher is a way of living just reasoning is not enough, you have to live according to our reasons.

Actually, I am sorry that my writing is not organized, because this subject is really new and I do not have enough knowledge, but I am sure that I want to learn philosophy, so I just jotted down my thoughts.

thank you for reading.

0 件のコメント:

コメントを投稿